Swabbing down the "Mayflower" Decks

Started by Erica Howton on Thursday, November 3, 2011
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Related Projects:

Showing 61-82 of 82 posts

I have found out that I am a direct descendant of Peter Browne, John Alden, and Priscilla Mullins, bringing my Mayflower ancestors to 11. I think anyone on Geni who has a number of early American ancestors will find this to be true of them as well, that they have connections to multiple Mayflower passengers, due to intermarriage among a small early population.

I am decended from John Alden and Priscilla Mullins also...not sure about Peter Browne

Related to peter...kinda sorta......Peter Browne, "Mayflower" Passenger is your first cousin 9 times removed's husband's grandfather.

Richard Warren, "Mayflower" Passenger is your fourth great uncle's fourth great grandfather.

I just read a very interesting article in the Mayflower Quarterly, vol. 78, no. 2, entitled Mary and Elizabeth, The Wives of Stephen Hopkins. The author, Simon Neal, believes it is possible that Mary, his first wife may have been named either Kent or Back. He uses the preponderance of the names, unusal at the time, of Giles and Stephen in both the Kent, alias Back, and Hopkins lines.

Rev. John Robinson is my 9th great grandfather

Peter Browne, "Mayflower" Passenger is my 9th great grandfather

"No path found to FnDuck☺. Look for more path search options coming soon."

I'm not a Mayflower descendant? I was a Cooke for a while but found if was a bad merge in the Taber line.

There's a marriage event in my ancestry to John Alden's family (via the Witch!). I also descend from Brewsters in Scrooby.

Would you like to be a Mayflower Descendant ..... I will check it out. ... ttfn

Erica Howton there are a few paths and " I - I I took the one less traveled by". I have a slightly different way to access my family. It works for me ...... ttfn

Erica Howton there are a few paths and " I - I I took the one less traveled by". I have a slightly different way to access my family. It works for me ...... ttfn

Hatte Rubenstein Blejer, 11? You killed me. I thought I had a lot with 8! :)

Private User - the last three are recent discoveries and are based on a very viable hypothesis about my Snow X great grandmother. If I am correct about her father, they are descendants of John Alden, Priscilla Mullins, and Peter Browne.

But the other 8 have been documented in our family for a century or more.

Here ya go Private User, http://www.geni.com/path/Hatte+Anne+Blejer+Rubenstein+is+related+to.... Take a look at the About Me of Mary Snow. If she is not the daughter of Ebenezer Snow, then you and I are in a dead heat :)

Hatte Blejer .... When you count Mayflower descendants is it just direct or do you count all the ones that have blue lines? What do all those colored lines mean anyway. Do Dutch uncles count ? ☺

Private User - I only count the direct ancestors. Otherwise many of us would be related to a large number of Mayflower passengers :)

Hatte Rubenstein Blejer, actually, 2 of mine are Great Uncles - John Howland and Peregrine White. Only 6 9th, 10th and 11th Great Grandmother (1) and Grandfathers (5). The White's (family) and the Cooke/Warren's (men only). So, you still have me beat :) We're connected through John Howland. We still need to figure out your connection to my wife through Lida. I'm sure there is one :)

There should be one considering that Lida is close to various towns that my relatives lived in.

My grandmother use to say at family gatherings when I was a small child, that the family joke was one side of her family came over on the Mayflower and the other was there to greet them. I regret never asking her who was the Mayflower & native american decendant. I asume the Mayflower decendant is Richard Warren, whos daughter Abigail married Josiah Snow. My great grandmother was "Maggie" Margaret Ann Snow. Does anyone know where I could fine the Snow line?

It turns out that I had 27 relatives on the Mayflower according to a program that Jeff Gentes developed. Of course only some of those were direct, but it looks like the number of direct ancestors is higher than 11 too.

I am a Snow descendant also, Josiah is an X great uncle. http://www.geni.com/path/Hatte+Anne+Blejer+Rubenstein+is+related+to...

Showing 61-82 of 82 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion