Aliénor d'Aquitaine is your 23rd great grandmother

Started by Aimee C. Speidel von Ofterdingen on Thursday, October 27, 2011
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Related Projects:

Showing 31-60 of 90 posts

Excuse my English, "first half"

Excuse my English: "first half"

@Eleanor of Aquitine is my 22nd great grandmother. Hello to all my cousins out there. That line of my family came to Mass in the 1600's.

There's been some discussion on this thread regarding DNA testing. I am having trouble finding much about my late father's family. He was an only child so I have no living male relatives (believe my sons don't qualify) available for testing. Can a sample be taken from the ashes? If so where do I have this testing done?

To Debra C. No a sample could not be taken from his ashes, but his Toothbrush would still have the needed Y-Dna, as would any male decendant of your father's father.

Gustavo Ferrero Gómez Doesn't Ferrero mean "ironsmith"? My name Blejer (written in Spanish) is Yiddish for "tinsmith" so we're cousins! LOL.

Hello, yes, Ferrero means "Ironsmith" or much more properly "Blacksmith", in our case the name comes from Asturias in Spain. In the Battle of Covadonga, in the year 722, there was a "blacsmith" in the town of Covadonga whose name was Mateo (Mathew), for the battle he donated 1000 horseshoes for the king's (Don Pelayo) cavalry and from then on he was known as "Mateo El Ferrero" (Mathew the Blacksmith). As it happened with many names in those times, the nickname became better known and that is the way it came to our days. Doing some resarch in GENI I found a path to Don Pelayo who happens to be one of my 38th GGGfathers on my father's mother's side. From my Knowlege of German "Blei" means "lead", and what comes to my mind is the artisan who works with lead, which in remote times would be those who made the Stained Glass Windows of the Cathedrals, Also, es ist sehr möglich dass unsere Grossväter, sind eimal zusammen gewesen als sie arbeiteten fúr die Aufbau der Lobe unseres Gottes Jesus, warum nicht ? Viele Grüsse schöne Kusine !!!

Gracias Gustavo. Mejor escribirme en castellano aunque entiendo alleman tambien. Mi esposo era argentino de Cordoba. Encantada y ciao.

Querida Blejer: ¿En que consiste ''discutir''?¿Que nos une a ti y a mi?Explícamelo por favor y a lo mejor podemos entendernos.
Saludos de Andrés Fariña Fontcuberta

Andrés Fariña Fontcuberta Estamos discutiendo la reina Eleanor d'Aquitaine, Queen Consort of England. Tenemos vinculo familiar con ella.

Creo que Ud esta recibiendo un "Newsfeed" de este discusion porque esta "Following".

No tengo vinculo familiar con tigo, todavia no.

hi cuz !
Aimee C. Speidel von Ofterdingen Mack is your 11th cousin once removed.
You
→ Walter Johnson
your father → Henry (Brady) Johnson
his father → Mamie Elizabeth Chandler
his mother → John Chandler
her father → James Chandler
his father → James Chandler, Sr.
his father → Joseph Chandler II
his father → John Chandler
his father → Elizabeth Palmer
his mother → Martin Palmer
her father → Thomas Palmer
his father → Elizabeth Palmer (Verney)
his mother → Catherine Hinton
her daughter → Thomas Hinton
her son → William Hinton
his son → Thomas I Hinton
his son → Thomas Hinton, 1719
his son → Rachel Hinton Ball
his daughter → James Hinton Ball
her son → Barton A Ball
his son → James (aka Jeremiah) James Alman Ball
his son → David Orval Ball
his son → J. Ball
his son → V. Ashen
his daughter → L. Mack
her daughter

Hi dear cousins.

With 22 steps (generations) before Henry II,

Fornjot "the Ancient Giant", King of Kvenland

from father to father, we arrives to the first King of Finland(160/230-DC), who "may be the Kalev of the Kalevala Saga" and founding of Norway !

Greetings,
Deisi Vaz Pinto

Fornjotur King of Kvenland, king in Kvenland is my 40th GGF

haha, my 36th ggf.

we can't see your path Hatte ... it doesn't show up ... it says No path found.

Interesting, there's no share option. I'm not sure why.

There's an upgrade to the relationship path in the works, and Curators are part of the test group. It runs much faster! But there are still a few kinks to work out and "share this path" for the testers is disabled during the test runs. Just try again later.

Para Andrés (Fariña): "Discutir" en inglés no significa lo mismo que en catellano. Es solamente un "amistoso intercambio de ideas" para llegar a un acuerdo.

Fornjotur was my 44th ggf. On my side of his family I guess we shrank a lot, from him being a giant to my 105 pounds!!!!!

Erica Howton thanks. That explains why sometimes the Share this Path option is there and this one time it was not :)

Hatte Rubenstein Blejer No worries Hatte!

Good Morning to all of you, I have always wondered if there is a way to research links in GENI between persons but yourself. I haven´t been able to find out that procedure. Is there one ? Thanks in advance.

Use the green pushpin on the upper right corner of the profile you want as start-point for the relationship path.

Awesome!! Thanks for the info! I was wondering the same thing!

http://www.geni.com/people/Gustavo-Ferrero-G%C3%B3mez/6000000000426... - I love the ability to research links between two people, not including myself. As Private User said, if you push that green pushpin, it will calculate the relationship between that person and whoever else's profile you then bring up, until you re-set it by pushing the green pushpin in a second time to make yourself the focus again.

Thank you so much, I'll keep you posted of my research

Aliénor d'Aquitaine and Henry II are may 29th great-grandmother and
great-grandfather, not 23th. They was the parents of my 28th great-grandmother Aliénor da Inglaterra, married to Alfonso VIII, el nobre, rey de Castila, as we can see here:
Eleanor of England, Queen consort of Castile
Deisi

Thanks for the pushpin tip, till yesterday I could investigate the links through my father, and now I found out that Eleanor Plantagenet of England is my mother's fourth cousin 24 times removed, and that led me to William the Conqueror being my mother's first cousin 30 times removed, and going further back the oldest in line belonging to that lineage is Aethelbert of Saxony (635). For you Deisi, this line goes through Alfonso VII "The Emperor", Richard I, Duke of Normandy....
At the same time that line of Aethelberts and Ethelreds is the line that made William the Conqueror believe he had the right to conquer England, when the Saxon Kings did not have any more direct descendance when Edward "The Confessor" died with no children. So this makes all of us people who are discovering ancient links that relate us. Moreover I made some research between more people I know here in Caracas, and believe it or not, you have quite a number of Venezuelan relatives. If this helps to make the world better, let it be welcome !!!

Fornjotur king of Kvenland is my 48th second cousin 29 times removed

Showing 31-60 of 90 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion