Grace Whitman same as Hannah Whitman?

Started by Dan Cornett on Monday, October 17, 2011
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Showing all 14 posts
10/17/2011 at 10:11 AM

One reference (not 'source') http://wc.rootsweb.ancestry.com/cgi-bin/igm.cgi?op=GET&db=franc... identifies a Grace Hannah Whitman, b ~1676, leading one to speculate that this Grace Greene (Whitman) and this Unknown Profile may be the same ... unless there two Jabez Greene with essentially the same birth/death dates.

10/17/2011 at 3:00 PM

Dan Cornett I went to NEGHS and see that the Rhode Island Vital Records has a marriage between Jabez Green and Grace Whitman. Cutter also says "Grace Whitman".

Of course Hannah and Grace are cognates :) I'll merge the two and document the issue with her given name, unless you want to do it? Good catch.

10/17/2011 at 3:15 PM

Go ahead ... I think they were both MP's, so I couldn't do it anyway.

10/17/2011 at 3:18 PM

But the curator would be happy to merge the two MPs if you asked him, I know from experience. I'll do the merge since he's given me carte blanche when I find a source and need to make a correction.

10/17/2011 at 5:36 PM

I've merged Grace and Hannah and done some other work on that area of the Greene family, including adding a source and more children. That family is quite incomplete, if anyone is a descendant and wants to assist.

Private User
10/17/2011 at 6:27 PM

And I have added "Grace Hannah Whitman" as an Also Known As.

10/17/2011 at 6:42 PM

I saw that, makes sense.

10/18/2011 at 4:17 AM

As long as you're refreshed on the Greenes <grin>, what makes sense for Elizabeth Reynolds ? (I don't have anything in that portion of the 'family'.)

10/18/2011 at 8:28 AM

I'll take a look at her. Cutter has good information on the Greene family (free Google eBook), but only on a particular line.

10/18/2011 at 12:50 PM

Let me know if you need help on the Reynolds side. James Reynolds, of Plymouth & Kingstown is my first cousin 12 times removed. The Reynolds lines are decently documented throught their Family Association
http://www.reynoldsfamily.org/

10/18/2011 at 1:23 PM

I've done a little work on Greene and Reynolds today. The Reynolds family (this one anyway, there's another Reynolds family with a project devoted to it that does not seem to be the same family) needs a lot of work - missing children, no or questionable spouses, no About Mes or sources.

I found a little bit about Elizabeth Reynolds (Greene), at least the name of her children and some about descendants from one son. That was depending upon Google books out of copyright (old regional histories or family genealogies). I haven't exhausted the Internet trees yet.

I did improve her father's information and documented which children belonged to which wife, but have to check that they are actually connected correctly.

10/18/2011 at 1:24 PM

Oh and I connected Elizabeth with the right TWO parents :)

10/18/2011 at 3:04 PM

Hatte

There is an expert on the RI Reynolds. It's all one family in the Project - straight thru from 14th century to current time. If you get that I'm proud of it, it's because I am.:). The tree was truly horrible and we got it straight.

If you give me a chance to dig in on the RI, let me at it. I didn't even realize I was this closely related; before I had concentrated on the English and Virginia families.

10/18/2011 at 3:22 PM

I am a descendant of the Greenes, but don't know if that Greene family.

I am now working on the Huguenots of Rhode Island, coincidentally. I found a good source in Google eBooks.

Showing all 14 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion