Jean Nicolet's spouse

Started by Jeanne (Barrie) Cramer on Sunday, October 9, 2011
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Showing all 3 posts
10/9/2011 at 9:29 AM

THEIR DAUGHTER WAS Madeleine Euphrosine Nicolet

What I had originally found back in 2008 that her name was Jeanne . She was a Nippising Indian of Canada. I do not know if this was part of the Iroquois nation, as I have not done Native American reserach on this.. Has anyone gone to the museum in Nicolet Canada outside of Montreal?

I see there have been several changes on her profile. I would like to confirm how these were verified.
What reference do you have that her name was Elisabeth?
Thank you

Jeanne Cramer

10/14/2011 at 11:50 AM

I have read that Elisabeth Manitouke was a different woman from a different time frame and area. All of the texts I have read Say Jean Nicolet's county marriage was to Jeanne Nippissing or Gisis Bahamadijimiwin. Apparently Nicolets brother was a jesuit priest which accompanied him in his travels. He performed the marriage between the two.

11/20/2011 at 6:40 AM

Rodger,

Thank you. I had not been able yo confirm that they were actually married. would like to read more about Jean Nicolet's family (siblings). Do you have references? What was his brother's name? Also I cannot find much back in france about his parents: father Thomas Nicolet from LaRochelle, France.

Jeanne Cramer

Showing all 3 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion