Charlemagne

Started by Private User on Sunday, September 18, 2011
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Related Projects:

This discussion has been closed by an administrator.
Showing 181-210 of 237 posts

Charlemagne is my 38th great grandfather

Hello cousins! Charlemagne is my 34th great grandfather.

Hello cousins! Charlemagne is my 39th grandfather. No surprise there

Charlemagne is your 19th great grandfather's wife's 9th great grandfather's wife's great grandfather

Arthur Ray Nelson Hi, but your mothers line show another blue path, making you his 33rd great grandson

Gertrude Catherine (DeKay) Vaughn is Charlemagne's 32nd great granddaughter!

https://www.geni.com/path/Charlemagne+is+related+to+Gertrude-Cather...

Hello Ulf ! The Blue paths are a truer Connection Right? When I click on Charlemagne Geni only taks me the other route . Why ??

Try to click on the refresh path icon after the path description for you, "... grandfather's wife's great grandfather. "

The roll-over text shows that the path was calculated Aug 24 2017, and one week after calculation the icon pops up giving you the option to refresh.

Well Arthur, sometimes Geni displays the shortest line, other times it's due to the fact that you goes directly from one profile in the three to another, and it start to count from there, a good way to avoid this is to get a clean profile without any questions-marks in it.

example
copy the path, and put it in your browser but without opening it,
https + numbers, ?through= a bunch of other numbers, then just cut off everything from the "?" to the end and open the link.

Thank You Bjorn and Ulf . I found that the Trfreah workes fine. Many thanks to you both , Art

Refresh !

Charlemagne is my 31st Ggrandfather

Cadê os brasileiros descentes de Carlos Magno? 33rd G G father!

I found lines that trace to Charlemagne that say he is my 31st, 32nd, 33rd, 34th, 35th, 36th, 37th, 38th. 39th & 40th (4xeach) and even a 47th?

Still trying to see if any are wrong connections...

Charlemagne is my 38th great grandfather.

My 32nd Great Grandfather, can't wait to tell the kids.

GARY PAUL JOSEPH DAILY SR. MAYFLOWER 44242 RI 1106. CHARLEMAGNE DESCENDANT. FROM RI GOV. JRREMIAH CLARKE KENT, 1605-1651 & WIFE FRANCES LATHAM, BOTH TITLED FAMILIES. garydaily@aol.com

Charlemagne is my grandson's 33rd great grandfather.

He is my 31 great grandfather

Seems to be back to Charlemagne is your 34th great grandfather. for me :)

Charlemagne is my 33rd great grandfather through my paternal Moseley/ Ligon/ Berkley lineage, but also through maternal - Lancaster - and paternal Chandler - etc. with royal lineages my ancestor's intermarried for centuries. So, depending which lineage you choose one will go to Charlemagne.

Walter G. Ashworth
Charlemagne is your 31st great grandfather.

Thanks for the translation. Carlomagno is my 40 th great grandfather.

Charlemagne is my 33rd great grandfather. Hello, cousins!

Charlemagne is my 31st Great Grandfather through Louis I the Pious

Charlemagne is Raúl Castro Chacón, Capitán de Navio's 33rd great grandfather!
Raúl Castro Chacón, Capitán de Navio
Tú → Raúl Castro Puga
your father → Homero Castro Echeverría
his father → Eloísa Echeverría Castro
his mother → José Ramón Echeverría Ruiz-Tagle
her father → Diego Echeverría Larraín
his father → Mónica Josefa Larraín Lecaros
his mother → Francisco Larrain de la Cerda
her father → Mónica de la Cerda
his mother → Juan de la Cerda Méndez de Contreras
her father → Alfonso Messía de la Cerda Poblete
his father → Alonso Juan Messía de la Cerda Torres
his father → Melchor Messía de la Cerda
his father → Leonor Rodríguez de la Cerda, Señora de La Vega de Armijo
his mother → Alfonso Fernández de la Cerda, Señor de Almendra y Sardeal
her father → Juan Alfonso de la Cerda de Castilla, señor de Gibraleón
his father → Infante de Castilla Alfonso "El Desheredado" de la Cerda, electo rey de Castilla y León
his father → Blanca Capet de France
his mother → Luis IX el Santo of France, Rey de Francia
her father → Louis VIII le Lion, roi de France
his father → Isabelle de Hainaut, Reine de France
his mother → Baldwin V de Hainaut, Comte de Hainaut
her father → Baldwin IV, count of Hainaut
his father → Baldwin III, count of Hainaut
his father → Baldwin II, count of Hainault
his father → Baldwin Vi, Count of Flanders and Hainault
his father → Baldwin V, count of Flanders
his father → Baldwin IV the Bearded, count of Flanders
his father → Arnulf II the Young, count of Flanders
his father → Baldwin III, count of Flanders
his father → Arnulf I the Great, count of Flanders
his father → Baldwin II "the Bald", count of Flanders
his father → Judith, countess of Flanders
his mother → Charles II "the Bald", Western Emperor
her father → Louis I, The Pious
his father → Charlemagne
his father

Charlemagne is my 33rd great-grandfather.

FYI: We should all be nice to our cousin's in GENI and realize this program is in many languages all over the world! GENI.com is not just an English program for English speaking people.

It seems the two cousin's were only speaking between themselves, not us or they would've spoken to us in English. I'm sure they were using their Programme de Français-

How do I know this, I got GENI stuck in En Español and everything, I mean everything was in Spanish, was ok, I can read in Spanish, French and German, but I realized that day GENI is not just for us in the UK, Australia and America- ha ha ha ---- end result I was really confused and my cousin Don Colvin had to explain how to get my GENI back to English !

Personally, I learned Österreichischen deutschen when I moved to Prinzersdoph, Austria. Sort of worthless when I moved to Munich..... Like a Texan and a New Yorker trying to speak to one another. Hilarious! Nothing was in English in the village- Even the Chinese Cafe the menu was in Chinese and Deutsch, so I was motivated, wanted to know what I was eating. No one spoke English in the little village, so I learned and I heard the same words in Europe "Learn to speak German, French, Italian" ha ha ha with a Texan accent! I did it, but read better than speak. Then not to mention things get lost in translation.

America is the only county that doesn't teach their children to speak 2-3 languages fluently these days.

Hugs to all of my cousins!

Charlemagne (Barbara Jean Twedt’s 35th great grandfather)
Barbara Jean Twedt→ Egil Eugene Twedt your father→ Mary Louise SPENCER his mother→ Albert Buell Spencer her father→ George Spencer his father→ Phineas Spencer his father→ Phineas Spencer his father→ Elizabeth SMITH his mother→ Ichabod Smith II her father→ Deacon Ichabod SMITH, Sr. his father→ Samuel Smith his father→ Rev. Henry Smith his father→ Erasmus Smith, Esq., of Husbands Bosworth his father→ John Smith alias Harris, of Withcote his father→
William Smith alias Harris his father→ Anne ANDREWS his mother→ Emma KNIGHTLEY her mother→ Eleanor THROCKMORTON her mother→ Eleanor DE LA SPINE, Heiress of Coughton her mother→ Guy de la Spine her father→ Alice BRULEY his mother→ Beatrice BEAUCHAMP, Of Warwickshire her mother
→ William de Beauchamp, 9th Earl of Warwick her father→ Lord William de Beauchamp, IV, Lord of Elmley Castle his father→ Joane (Isabel) de Mortimer his mother→ Rodger de Mortimer, Lord Wigmore her father→ Hugh de Mortimer, Lord of Wigmore his father→ Ralph de Mortimer, Sr de Saint-Victor-en-Caux, Baron of Wigmore his father→ Hawise DE VALOIS his mother→ Raoul III "le Grand" de Mantes, Comte de Valois et d'Amiens et du Vexin her father→ Raoul II de Vexin, comte de Valois his father→ Gautier II, comte du Vexin, de Valois et d'Amiens his father→ Adele d'Anjou, Comtesse d'Amiens his mother→ Fulk, count of Anjou her father→ Ingelger, count of Anjou his father→ Petronelle de Gâtinais (D'auxerre) his mother→ Hugo, Archchancellor of the Empire her father→ Charlemagne his father

Charlemagne is my 32nd great grandfather. :)

I have understood he might be one of the granparents to at least ALL europeans living today. So there is one calculation. In the same way most of the Royals in the past before him are either first cousins or ancestors to us all many times, through different lines.

It would be interesting to have dna results online someday, that can connect us to some archaeological findings also.

What comes to language, there was a plee originally to all write with their motherlanguage, just to see richness of all the offspring. So no need to be rude.

Terveisiä kaikille, hyvää uuttavuotta 2019.

Showing 181-210 of 237 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion